Virginia Ann Holt’s amazing painting style can be applied directly to the walls of your home or office. Please review the FAQs below (link) for more information about commissioning Virginia to create a Custom Mural.
- Initial Contact – Contact Virginia using the form on the Contact page. Please leave your phone number and Virginia or a qualified representative will call you to discuss your project for your home or business. We apologize, but we cannot give cost estimates over the phone due to the variety of factors that go into calculating an estimate for any project. We are happy to make an appointment to meet with you in person and then we will be able to prepare an accurate quote for your job.
- Consultation – At the initial consultation, Virginia will meet with you for a preliminary site evaluation to discuss your ideas. There is no fee for this initial on-site consultation in San Diego County; outside San Diego County there may be a small fee for travel expenses.
- Quote and Renderings – Once all of the specifications are discussed, we will prepare a quote for your job. Most often a job will require us to do small renderings to show you what the mural will look like before we begin painting the full-sized mural. There is a non-refundable fee for creating the renderings usually between $75 – $150. This fee is waived if you hire us to do the mural. Whether you hire us or not, the renderings remain the property of Virginia Holt. When the renderings are approved and you accept our terms, you will need to sign and return our contract, along with your 50% deposit. Your quote is good for 90 days.
- Schedule – Once we receive your deposit we will schedule your project into our calendar.
- Painting the Mural – Please remove any items that may obstruct access to the area to be painted prior to our arrival. We will prepare the area and take all of the necessary precautions to keep the work area safe and clean. How long it takes to paint your mural depends on the size and detail of the mural. We will coordinate the time frame with you prior to beginning your project so you can make the necessary arrangements.
- Final payment – Upon completion of the mural final payment is due. We accept cash, checks or credit cards.
Price depends on the detail of the subject, the dimensions of the mural, the texture of the wall to be painted, and whether it is indoors or outdoors.
This depends on many factors, although the size and detail of your mural are the main factors. For example, an 8’ x 10’ mural can take from 5 to 10 days, depending on the detail.
We use acrylic paint and put a UV protective clear satin sealant on top. All the paints used are non-toxic.
We can paint anything you can envision.
No, we can paint during your normal working hours or to minimize the impact to your business we can work before or after hours.
Yes. You will need to describe what you like, and then we will do research and come back to you with ideas and pictures. This may take a few steps as we compose your design to your liking. Once you approve the final rendering of your design, a template will be made which will be used to transfer the mural design onto the surface to be painted. Then we paint the mural.
We can paint on any indoor or outdoor surface and most textured surfaces. Surfaces with little or no texture produce the best results.
Virginia lives in San Diego County, but will travel if needed. She has traveled all over the world for custom projects. For long distances, the commissioner of the mural pays for travel expenses.
Yes, we are happy to touch up a mural that you already have.